Employee attendance tracker

Copper Contributor

Hi,

This is the first time to use "Employee attendance tracker"

https://templates.office.com/en-us/employee-attendance-record-tm02780235

I want to change the format of the weekday to start from "Friday":"Thursday" instead of "Sunday":"Saturday"

Note: I tried to rename the weekdays but it considers them as repeated so it adds 2 to the new name, i.e. If i renamed "SUN" to "FRI" the next Friday will be renamed "FRI2" and then "FRI3" and so on

Screenshot_1.png

10 Replies

@MOIA_2020 Have seen this one before. It's full with tricks and hidden "treasures". Personally, I find it quite useless. But to address your problem, the headers are NOT the same. They have added a space for every repeated day. So, the first Sunday it's "SUN" the next one is "SUN " and the next "SUN  " etc. And the formulae that checks the day of the week only use the first three characters.

What you need to do is just fill the row as you did and do Find&Replace. Find 2 and replace it by a space, find 3 and replace it by two spaces etc.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Great! That's a good idea. Thanks a lot.

@Riny_van_Eekelen is there a way to change the calendar function to a fiscal year? Our fiscal year runs April 2022 - March 2023. It would be great to have stats from the fiscal year and not calendar year.

@TrevorJB 

You could begin by dragging the first three rows in the table (i.e. B6:AR9) to the bottom so that you will end up with a calendar from April to March. But then you have to increase the year number by 1 in the DATE functions in the first six and last six columns on the bottom three rows.

For instance, cell C15 (January) will then look like this:

=IFERROR(IF(TEXT(DATE(Calendar_Year+1,ROW($A1),1),"ddd")=LEFT(C$5,3),DATE(Calendar_Year+1,ROW($A1),1),""),"")

Otherwise the January row will still refer to 2022 where you want it to be 2023.

It should work but you need to test it thoroughly and I can't guarantee that it will not have any side affects elsewhere. This particular template is built with quit ancient techniques, one of the worst I've seen. 

@Riny_van_Eekelen Thank you. I will give it a try. Is there a newer template you would suggest using that isn't using old techniques?

@TrevorJB Sorry, no. I would probably create something myself. something simple, flexible and easy to maintain.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Hi Riny

I have tried to add the +1 as you suggest as i also need to change this to a fiscal year but when i add this and complete the line ( it requires me to go in and add the dates manual) when i add a test date in for January 2025 for example it is adding it to the year 2025 and not the fiscal year created on the 2024 tab.

any ideas?

@Sp00kyGeaR Not really. Sorry!

As I mentioned before, this is one of the worst templates I've come across. Use it as it is or not if it doesn't do what you need.

But, if you have a file (with your modifications) I can look at, I can give it a try. No guarantees, though. Paste a link giving access to your file on a file sharing service (Onedrive, Dropbox etc.)

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Many thanks for the offer of help.

Here is a link to the file to download (i wouldnt open it on there as the formulas dont work)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNtd-mj2t2iMvKrIMHeVKCfDcxKGB7LD/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=10...

@Sp00kyGeaR Sorry, I give up. This is the most useless template of all. Too much 'intelligence' in it. You need to go through all conditional formatting rules and formulas to make work. Not something I have time for right now. Perhaps you can find another template. This one should be removed from the official template list!!