Emailing Spreadsheets or portions of as .pdf

Copper Contributor

I had a button in excel that allowed me to email a spreadsheet or a portion of one as a .csv or .pdf.  The button icon was/is an envelope with a paperclip and when used prior to a computer upgrade it had multiple options to choose from when pressed.  Since the upgrade, the button now only has the one option of sending the entire worksheet.  Is there a way to change this or have a single button with options like I did before. 

Thanks! 

10 Replies

Hello @KFCmvi,

It appears that this is no longer an option with the 'E-mail as PDF Attachment' option. An alternative way is to print your document to Adobe PDF. Here, you will be able to select the pages that you want to print as PDF.

@KFCmvi 

With your permission, if I can recommend. It can help us all if you upload an Excel file (without sensitive data), no picture. Even if it is said that a picture can say a thousand words, it is certainly not in the case of Excel, on the contrary in some cases. This would also be a blessing for all of us, as we can understand the problem much better, a win-win situation for everyone.

* Knowing the Excel version and operating system would also be an advantage.

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

IMHO, based on context that's Windows Desktop and concrete file doesn't matter, options will be the same for any file.

@PReagan  Thank you, that was our work around in the short term until we could find out how to turn those features back on, if at all.  

Niko, will do. This was my first time using this form. The request is actually for a co-worker who loved this function. I will include a file and version in the future.

@KFCmvi 

Unfortunately, I do not think your original method is an option any longer. Another possible workaround could be to set the Print Area in the 'Page Layout' tab. Then use the 'E-mail as PDF attachment' as you normally would. 

Perfect. That's what we'll do. Thx

@KFCmvi 

My pleasure!

@Sergei Baklan 

As far as I could understand it, from the translation, it is about the fact that the desired function is not possible on his excel version ... or I misunderstood something (which could be possible and likely with the translation).
But if it is, then you could do it with an add-in.
as described on this page.

Mail Add-ins for Excel for Windows

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section1.htm

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks Niko, that is very helpful.