Email Lists from Email

Copper Contributor

Hi

I was wondering if someone can help please? I am trying to make a spreadsheet to record the emails for the people my team works with and sometimes we would like to assign them to multiple email distribution lists. Is there a way we can easily add someone to multiple lists at the same time on the sheet by tagging the group name? Is there also an easy way to then export the lists via a macro button and how easy would it be to then add that exported list into outlook?

Any help very much appreciated!

1 Reply

@Gemma Telfer 

Here is a suggested solution from the internet, untested

Create Outlook distribution list from excel list? ...

In fact, it would make the most sense if you were to save your addresses directly as contacts in Outlook. Transferring your existing addresses from Excel to Outlook is easy.

1. Close the Excel workbook with the lists of names and addresses you want to add.
  2. Start Outlook.
  3. On the File menu, click Import / Export.
  4. Click Import from Another Program or File.
  5. Follow the instructions in the "Import / Export Wizard".

In the future, you should enter new addresses or contacts in Outlook straight away. Should you need an Excel list of your contacts again later, this can be easily created from Outlook.

As soon as you have imported your data into the "Contacts" folder of Outlook, you create a distribution list from these contacts, and you can then use this list to send mails to all contacts from this list at once.

To create such a list in Outlook, proceed as follows:

1. On the File menu, point to New, and click Distribution List.
  2. Enter a name in the "Name" field.

The distribution list is now saved in the contacts folder under the name you specified.

1. Click the "Select Members" button.
  2. In the name list that now opens, select the name of the member you want to add to the distribution list and click the "Add" button.

Note: You can also use the familiar key combinations (CTRL + mouse click or SHIFT + mouse click) to select several members at once and then add them to the list in a single operation.

1. When you have completed the list, confirm with "OK".

The names of the members of the list will now appear in order on your screen. You can also add new members to this list later or delete individual members from this list. Changes are possible at any time.

If you would like to enter a longer description for the distribution list, click the "Notes" tab here and enter the text.

When you have made all the selections and entries you want, click on "Save and Close".

Now the next time you want to send an e-mail, you can enter the distribution list in the field for the recipient, and the e-mail will automatically be sent to all members of the list.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)