Electrode calibration and verification

Copper Contributor

Hi

i need some help with my with an excel. it's acctually a bit complicated cause these infos are classified but i'll try to exlain. It's three sheets one counts a kind of chemical content according to measurements with electrodes the second is the calibration of the electrodes and the third is verification. And my problem is that i dont know any formulas or functions that could bring the latest calibration from sheet 2 to sheet 1 to count with cause there's always a new calibration to every electrodes in like every two days. There are five electrodes with channel numbers (1-5) and they have their 2 digit ID numbers and of course the date and time of calibration. We've been using a method of adding the channel number to the date or something like that and using VLOOKUP on the calibration sheet. So my question is if is there any chance that I type the electrode channel or the ID on the first sheet and it gives me the latest calibration to count.

Thanks a lot

PS:

I'm 20 and I only know excel from highschool also not a native speaker

2 Replies

@kurucviktor Tried to visualise your schedules in the attached workbook, based on your description. A, perhaps, overly simplified example of the use of VLOOKUP. (in the green shades area on the "Channels" tab). Hopefully, it helps you solving your problem.

If this doesn't even come close to what you are working on, you can perhaps upload your schedule with some fake data, so that you don't reveal any classified information.

Thank you so much I appreciate it and I’ll se what i can do