SOLVED

Dynamic YTD with conditions

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm looking for some help with YTD (Year-to-date) calculations. I have a tab with targets, a tab with actuals, and then a sort of dashboard. On the dashboard the user can select the country and the reporting month. I'm looking to find a formula that can calculate the YTD target, based on the choices of the user. In the attached file I've recreated the situation, I have a workaround at the moment but I'd rather avoid that. 

File can be found here, unfortunately since I had to share it through Google drive, the document becomes Google sheets instead of Excel. Original formula I used was: 

=INDEX(Targets!S:AD;MATCH(1;(Targets!R:R=Dashboard!$C$4)*(Targets!Q:Q=Dashboard!$B10);0);MATCH($C$5;Targets!$S$5:$AD$5))

C4 = Country

C5 = Month

Thanks in advance!

Sander

7 Replies

@SanderHaak 

I get "Access denied" when I click your link.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Thanks, sorry! Here is an updated link. Earlier I could add an attachment here, but that no longer seems to be possible.

@SanderHaak 

Still no luck.

@Hans Vogelaar 

3rd time is the charm? Should be available for anyone with this link 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vy_xWKHpXD5IB6cAEa0HD9gqmuXuhGl9/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=11035...

best response confirmed by SanderHaak (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SanderHaak 

Thanks, that worked.

In Q10:

=SUMPRODUCT(Targets!$D$8:$O$20*(Targets!$B$8:$B$20=$B10)*(Targets!$C$8:$C$20=$C$4)*(YEAR(Targets!$D$5:$O$5)=YEAR($C$5))*(MONTH(Targets!$D$5:$O$5)<=MONTH($C$5)))

Adjust the ranges if needed, but don't use entire columns, that slows down execution. Fill down to Q11.

Thanks! That works great. Good tip by the way about the columns, I just used it for ensuring that if data is added below, the formulas would include that. Is there possibility with formulas to find the 'last value' other than using VBA's?

@SanderHaak 

It's possible, but it would add complexity to the formulas. I'd go with a large enough range, for example rows 8 to 200, or 8 to 1000. It doesn't matter if some or most of those rows are empty.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SanderHaak (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SanderHaak 

Thanks, that worked.

In Q10:

=SUMPRODUCT(Targets!$D$8:$O$20*(Targets!$B$8:$B$20=$B10)*(Targets!$C$8:$C$20=$C$4)*(YEAR(Targets!$D$5:$O$5)=YEAR($C$5))*(MONTH(Targets!$D$5:$O$5)<=MONTH($C$5)))

Adjust the ranges if needed, but don't use entire columns, that slows down execution. Fill down to Q11.

View solution in original post