Dynamic referencing error in power query

Copper Contributor

I am trying to dynamically reference a folder path so that the query is not broken if I send the file to someone else. I have the folder path saved in a table named FolderPath. I am using Folder.Files command to extract the files from the folder but once I hit the expand button on the content column, it says 'we could not find an excel table named FolderPath. Not sure if it is a bug because it has worked for me in the past. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

6 Replies

@Pratyush202 

Yes, it looks like a bug. Can't find a workaround.

@Sergei Baklan where should I reach out for help?

@Pratyush202 

I sent a frown from Help->Feedback, you may do the same. In addition you may open support ticket if you have such option.

Anyway, if some news I'll update here.

@Pratyush202 

For your information, I updated on

image.png

and here connector works correctly.

I am on office 365. Can I update to that version?

@Pratyush202 

That is insiders build. You may update if you have administrative right, that's free of charge. All instructions are here https://insider.office.com/, how to update depends on your subscription (consumer or enterprise).

At the same time, build I mentioned appeared about an hour ago. Perhaps other channels also will be updated soon, but I don't know.

If you decide to update on insiders build please not it could be with other bugs and, if you use some new functionality introduced in it, it could be incompatible in these parts with other people Excel apps.