SOLVED

Dynamic Image with Hyperlink

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have setup a Vlookup so that displayed pictures change dependent on a value selected within a cell, using a named range and Linked Picture. The snag is my source pictures have Hyperlinks to different websites but these then do not work using the above method.

Is there a non vba method to dynamically change the pictures so the hyperlinks will still work?

Many thanks.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by newbeetle (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@newbeetle 

How to insert image or picture dynamically in cell based on cell value in Excel?

none Microsoft site

In many cases, you may need to insert image dynamically in cell based on cell value. For example, you want the corresponding images to be dynamically changed with the different values you entering in a specified cell. This upper link will show you how to achieve it.

Otherwise, I would strongly recommend VBA, since the possibilities are more extensive than with any formula.

Hope I was able to help you with this information.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Hi Nikolino,

Thanks for the response, I've used this method before, in this case I wanted the image's to maintain different hyperlinks. Reading up on this, it would seem that this is not possible, to get around this I've added a VLookup combined with the Hyperlink function below the image, that way the Hyperlink changes based on the referenced cell value and can be directly clicked to follow the hyperlink path.

Regards
Newbeetle
Thank you for your feedback.

I wish you continued success with Excel :).
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by newbeetle (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@newbeetle 

How to insert image or picture dynamically in cell based on cell value in Excel?

none Microsoft site

In many cases, you may need to insert image dynamically in cell based on cell value. For example, you want the corresponding images to be dynamically changed with the different values you entering in a specified cell. This upper link will show you how to achieve it.

Otherwise, I would strongly recommend VBA, since the possibilities are more extensive than with any formula.

Hope I was able to help you with this information.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

View solution in original post