SOLVED

dynamic arrays

Copper Contributor

Dear Team,

I recently learned the dynamic arrays approach to creating dependent dropboxes using the unique and filter functions.

Please assist in solving a problem I am facing:

I need to have a few pairs of dependent dropboxes that have their choices from the same database. for example, if we use the division and app example from the lesson, I need to have a product that contains a table with three records: each record is comprised according to the following pic:

7 Replies
You have not included the picture. But can I ask you to not add a picture, but some sample data in an Excel file?

@ShimonGeiman 

Thank you for your vies and. Please find attached an excel file with the problem I wish to solve.

I have a database table in columns B and C. I need to build a Product that comprised of three (or more) items from the database. I would like to have in cells F4# dropboxes that will allow me to choose a category from the category column, and then to choose in a dropbox in cells G4# an Item Description from the relevant category. I have done it for cells f4:G4 using UNIQUE and FILTER formulas, but have no clue how to expand it to lines 5 and 6. Thanks a lot.

@ShimonGeiman Perhaps like demonstrated attached?

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thanks a lot Riny, but I am afraid it works for only one product. I need to have 60-70, so the solution is nice but not feasible for many products

best response confirmed by ShimonGeiman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ShimonGeiman Not sure I get your point, but have attached a slightly revised file where the lists for the dropdowns are now transposed and on to the same row as the item description for each of the categories chosen. Added an extra product to demonstrate what I was thinking of. For the next product, just copy the table and the formulae in N to where ever you want to have your next product. 

If this is not what you had in mind, please show an example of how your sheet with 60-70 products really looks like.

Thank you so much - it works!!!!!

Its a saver

Shimon

@ShimonGeiman Glad it worked out!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ShimonGeiman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ShimonGeiman Not sure I get your point, but have attached a slightly revised file where the lists for the dropdowns are now transposed and on to the same row as the item description for each of the categories chosen. Added an extra product to demonstrate what I was thinking of. For the next product, just copy the table and the formulae in N to where ever you want to have your next product. 

If this is not what you had in mind, please show an example of how your sheet with 60-70 products really looks like.

View solution in original post