Dynamic Arrays and validation lists - How to make dynamic arrays follow a structured table?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to create a table where a given field/column has content pulled from a validation list; this validation list is based off a dynamic array, which is returning the correct values. 

In essence:

- Table 1: Clients (field "ID#" for cross-referencing)

- Table 2: Projects (with manual insertion of Client "ID#" for future cross-referencing)

- Table 3: Documents (also with manual insertion of Client "ID#" for future cross-referencing)

Each line on table 3 (below) will have a different set of values in the validation list. 

The intended behavior, that you can see in the table attached is that in Table 3, "Related Project", is that the validation list made available will offer a selection of Projects related to that Client

The issue I'm looking for help with is on how to make the dynamic arrays expand/reduce dynamically with the "Documents" table, so that the end user doesn't have to manually expand the cells where the dynamic arrays are being created. I'm using structured tables throughout and it would be nice if they could accommodate transpose spill functions, but that's not the case. 

Thanks

0 Replies