Duplicated lines are being removed when I insert a new Row in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi All, new to community so go easy on me.

I have a spreadsheet which has a 1st sheet that is referenced from several other sheets within the doc (Column A of the receiving sheets references a unique code from the 1st sheet and these run in sequence in the follow on sheets).

Some of the follow on sheets need to duplicate a row from the 1st sheet and I can run some vba to do this no problem.

If I want  to Insert a new line on Sheet 1, I run some vba  to insert the same line in the follow on sheets. However what seems to be happening is that if the line I am inserting is above the lines in the follow on sheets (i.e a lower Row number) then the subsequent duplicates that I have created in the follow on sheets are deleted and I don't want this to happen. It seems as though there is a refresh rolling down the sheet from the point of insertion to the bottom of the data and this is removing the duplicates.

Any one know how I can stop this happening?

Many thanks in advance

Nick

2 Replies
Hi Nick174

It sounds like the sheet you are referencing was generated using power query, do you have a screenshot of the main sheet?

cheers

Hi @Yea_So 

Thanks for the reply, I'm afraid I can't show the info on the sheet, but I think it may be because I have used Fill down rather than Autofill when I insert the lines. I will have  a play with this tomorrow and will let you know if this fixes.

Many thanks

Nick