SOLVED

DROPDOWN MENU

Copper Contributor

I try to create part number/description generator. So far I am able to create part numbers, but on the same time I would like to generate description using cells on other sheets. Please check attached excel file. For example I would like to create part number to pencil. So from dropdown menu I am selecting letter L (for pencil), from second dropdown menu I am selecting letter R (for color) and from third dropdown menu I am selecting 5 (for point diameter .5mm). So on the end I have part number LR5, but also I would like to have description created PENCIL RED 0.5mm POINT DIAMETER. Another thing, I would like third dropdown menu be active only when letter L (pencil) is selected in first dropdown menu.

Thank you for your help.

4 Replies

@JACK74 Offering you three solutions. Please refer to the attached file. The one in F6 might not work if you are not on a later version of Excel.

best response confirmed by JACK74 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Riny_van_Eekelen  thank you very much. This is what I was looking for :-). 

One more thing, do you think it is possible to deactivate cell for point diameter when other than pencil is chosen from dropdown menu? Or, if is not possible to deactivate, can popup N/A in cell (for point diameter) when pen or marker is selected? Thank you again for your help.

@JACK74 Perhaps the attached revised schedule contains something you might want to try/use.

@Riny_van_Eekelen thank you for your help. :)  For me this is black magic. LOL

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JACK74 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Riny_van_Eekelen  thank you very much. This is what I was looking for :-). 

One more thing, do you think it is possible to deactivate cell for point diameter when other than pencil is chosen from dropdown menu? Or, if is not possible to deactivate, can popup N/A in cell (for point diameter) when pen or marker is selected? Thank you again for your help.

View solution in original post