Dropdown list for Week of

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am needing help with 2 things.

1. I am wanting to create a dropdown list that will have each Monday in 2021 listed but that Monday represents that entire week (Monday - Sunday). For example: Jan 4 will represent Jan 4-10, Jan 11 will represent Jan 11-17, etc.

2. I have a table that will count the number of occurrences that a specific shift submits a set of data. There are 3 shifts and I want to know how many times each shift submits an audit each week, month, and year. I want the totals to change based on what is selected in the dropdown. So if Jan 4 is selected then I want the numbers to date for that week. If I change the date to Jan 11, the data should change as I select that week.

I hope this makes sense and yall can help me. Thank you.

Update: I added a fake dataset. 

10 Replies
Why dont you split your doubt in 2 different posts?
Usually its a better way so everybody can contribute and you reach your solution quicker.
where's the dataset to create that solution? or did you want someone to re-create your scenario + create a solution for it?
I added a fake dataset so you can get an idea of what Im looking for.

@catherine9910 

so were you looking for something like this? see attached

@Yea_So 

As per ISO 8601 the first week of 2021 started on 04th Jan 2021.
You must consider =WEEKNUM(A8,21) to retrieve the real week number.

If you want a list of all 2021 Mondays you can simply by array formula

=DATE(YEAR(FirstDate),1,-2)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(FirstDate),1,3))+(ROW(1:52))*7

Or based on first date you just add 7 days

JulianoPetrukio_0-1632391026549.png

Good to know Thank you for the info, bookmarked your response for future reference.

Anytime my friend.
Actually Microsoft has solved this "issue" creating for the new excel versions the formula
=ISOWEEKNUM(Date).
As I use to provide a more "democratic" solution that can be applied for many excel versions, I forgot to mention the new formula.

Good to know thank you
Yes thank you! I think I can make it work.

@catherine9910 

As Mr Petrukio indicated, you might want to use =ISOWEEKNUM() function as opposed to WEEKNUM() function.  We are happy to know that you found your solution.

cheers