Drop down list

Copper Contributor
I would like to create a searchable drop down list to create a dropdown list for all your products that you want listed and have an option to add a search bar where you can look for a specific product to check it
2 Replies

@Sanju_10 

Here is a page with step by step instructions, and an example file to download.

Searchable Drop Down list in Excel

https://trumpexcel.com/excel-drop-down-list-with-search-suggestions/

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

@Sanju_10 

Let me see if we can clarify:

1) I would like to create a searchable drop down list -- drop down lists by definition are searchable in the sense that you look for the choice from within the range that the creator of the drop down list wanted to offer. Do you mean something else?

2) to create a dropdown list -- to create a secondary, dependent drop down, varying based on the first choice?

3) for all your products that you want listed -- who is "you"? Is this referring to the user of the lists, or the creator of the drop downs? Is it simply spelling out the secondary dropdown list?

4) and have an option to add a search bar where you can look for a specific product to check it -- there's always the Edit ...Find. Anyway, let's start with the first three questions. 

I'm attaching a demo sheet created to show how a dependent drop down list can be created using the recently released dynamic array functions. One primary drop down, the choices made there determining the choices available at the secondary level. That may help you with what's possible.