Drop Down List - Linking Corresponding Data in Separate Columns Based on Drop Down Selection

Copper Contributor

Hey there! I'm looking for a clear cut way to do something which seems like it should be simple. I have two columns that I want to correspond with one another. What I'm looking to do is when someone selects an option "Status" from the drop-down list in Column D the adjacent cell in column E populates with a corresponding percentage value. 

Ex. --> Cell 'D6' / "Sales Status" Drop Down Selection = Verbal Commitment ::: Needing Cell 'E6' to auto-populate once selected with the corresponding percentage "100%"

I've built a drop down list for each column in a data worksheet. Am I doing this correctly? I've attached a screenshot of the columns I need populated as well as my lists in case that helps. Thanks!

Columns.PNGData Table.PNG

2 Replies

If you make your info on the data worksheet a table, ie "StatusTable" covering both columns then in Confidence Level column use this formula,   =VLOOKUP(D6,StatusTable,2). 

Just thought, you may want to use it with a IF function in case there is nothing selected in the Sales Status column, i.e. =IF(D6="","",VLOOKUP(D6,StatusTable,2))