Does anyone know a safe place to download mscomct2.ocx?

Copper Contributor

I am wondering if someone could recommend a safe website to get the mscomct2.ocx file?

4 Replies

@louisiii 

Visual Basic 6.0 Downloads

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/visualstudio/visual-basic-6/downloads?redirectedf...

Please note that Visual Basic 6 must be installed beforehand.

Microsoft Download Center

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=50722

I hope this is what you are looking for?

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* If this or another answer helped you, mark it as an answer to help others.

@NikolinoDE,

I went to the links you recommended.  I also realized it's been a couple of years but the update process for all the people involved can take a long time.  This issue started appearing before 2017 from what I have seen so far.

I'm also a little confused, my PC says I'm running OFFICE 2019 Pro version 2311 (Build 17029.20068 Click-to-Run) and it was updated in the last few days with and OFFICE online Repair after an excel crash.  Since then I have not been able to run my Excel daily data collection and analysis macros.  Is that VBA 6, which is no longer supported in the first link?

I looked through all related support documentation and when I clicked on the 6.0 Common Controls  they mentioned the file for the 32bit system and not the 64bit system!  When I clicked the link for more information the response was, "This download is not longer available."

I am running on win 11 with a 64 bit machine and  I need aversion 2 from what I understand.

Also it turns out Click to Run server updates do not install the mscomct2.ocx related updates for 64bit systems.

Those files have not been installed on my machine and what was working just fine is no longer working.  There are a lot of people having this problem and we need a download server to access to get the correct updates.

I have not been able to identify the right site because I don't know which ones provide Click-to-Run services or the one that run appropriate update or repairs.

@Earnesto 

Sorry for the typing errors...  

I need a little more practice with this interface (I couldn't find a way to edit last time)...

I figured out how to edit this time...

More study has brought to my attention that, my understanding, the original purchase was MS Office Pro 1019 Standalone version has been changed somehow. 

File>Account in Excel says "Click-to-Run".  These servers services do not provide updates for the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 2 library!  MSI-Based Servers do according to this post, "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/click-to-run-deployment-does-not-include/45dc...

I found a Microsoft Office MS-Based Server website, the November update, Downloaded and ran the file to get a response that there was nothing on this machine that the update applied to.

At this time I can not find a way to get a clean repair of the Excel 2019 Pro through the web from MSO!

I found that I could go to my MS Office Account page and download the current image of my purchased products! I did so and went backing was able to use Excel VBA just like I did before the Click-to Run server online repair caused problems. So, we can call the original problems solved. I have gone through 4 o4 5 testing liking loops connected to the internet and when things went bad again. I used the image source to make my system whole again. I will have to turn off my MS Office updates because this issue is widespread based on many online reviews I have read.

However, to make matters worse there were apparency other changes made to my system I was unaware of and was surprised with MS Edge webview2 is a new background task interfering with my editing and running macros and I have to disconnect the internet from my PC from the internet to get any work done. I will transfer this workload to another PC that will now be offline as much as possible to the internet except to login in because I use a Microsoft Account! Looks like creator developers should be working offline for now and until the AI assisted dust settles...

Disappointed!
Ernesto