SOLVED

Dividing Columns

Copper Contributor

I have an Excel form.  I want to divide columns c/b and put them in column d.  T want to do this if columns b & c have values and do nothing if they are blank.

4 Replies

@alydar 

You are going to have to be a lot more precise about what it is that you want to do. What you've written so far doesn't make a lot of sense.

• What does "divide columns c/b" mean in the first place?
    • They're already divided into two columns. Do you mean sum up and then divide by two? What do you mean?
  • What does "put them in column D" mean, given that D already is filled?
    • Overwrite what's in D?
    • Add a new column D?
  • You wrote "I want to do this if column B&C have values"
    • ..do both have to have values? Or either?
    • What if only one has a value?
    • [It does make a difference, you know.]
  • "And do nothing if they are blank."   [redundant, since if they are blank, there's nothing to do, but we'll let that pass]

I want  starts divided by wins to get a winning percentage for each of the 3 categories.

best response confirmed by alydar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@alydar 

Well, that's a start. Hardly a "win"

You did see that there were a few other questions, right?

If all you want is the formula, it would be =B3/C3 for the first row with data. Then copy that formula down. I'll leave it to you to deal with the exceptions. If you really want help, you can help others help you by answering the questions you've left unanswered.

Thanks. It worked.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by alydar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@alydar 

Well, that's a start. Hardly a "win"

You did see that there were a few other questions, right?

If all you want is the formula, it would be =B3/C3 for the first row with data. Then copy that formula down. I'll leave it to you to deal with the exceptions. If you really want help, you can help others help you by answering the questions you've left unanswered.

View solution in original post