Divide Master sheet into separate working sheets based on paticular column filter

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a query regarding how to Divide Master sheet into separate working sheets based on paticular column filter. 

For example we have a master sales data sheet. In this master sales data we have columns like product, month, city, No. of products sold and sales volume. I have applied filtered to the data and we have 10 cities in city column. 

I want to get filtered data based on each city in different worksheets from the master sales data sheet. How could I do it?

Thank you in advance.  

4 Replies

Hi,

You can create pivot tables in the other sheets, connected to the Master Sheet, and then filter each of them by the 'City' field. Would this work for you?

Thanks

Yury

Hi, 

first of all thank you for your reply. 

Pivot table creation will also enhance manual work and its same as filtering into excel sheet. 

Suppose we have 100 cities and then we need to filter it 100 times and then copy-paste filtered data into 100 different worksheets. 

I want to reduce manual work and just by some clicks, all filtered city's data should be placed into different worksheets in same excel sheet. 

It looks like it requires a macro, which would automatically create/delete sheets with filtered tables for each city

Yes you are right, it requires a macro. I am looking for that macro coding which could solve this issue.
Anyway thanks a lot for your kind help.