#DIV/0!

Copper Contributor
Hello!
I need help about a division by 0. I'm trying to do some averages on a excel sheet but I'm lost.

I still have this error even if I change the type of data or formula I want to use.

To make it simple, I need to make an average about of a column that is very loaded of data and that comes from an automatic system (CSV file if it can help you). I made a supervision sheet where I collect the data in order to present them as a graph. Making averages before didn't caused me any problems (maybe because the numbers don't have and decimal) but when I try with cells like this (3.134) it shows me the error.

I don't know what to do next. I'm French but can easily speak English or italian for help. I'm available when you want and maybe we can talk on another platform (discord, mails,Skype WhatsApp....) to simplify the exchange.

Hope you'll bring me help, cause I'm very lost

Thanks a lot
Thomas
1 Reply

@INEEDHELP21 

Most probably you have texts which looks like numbers. Try to convert them to numbers, one of the ways: select column, Data->Text to Columns, and in most cases Finish on first step works.