Display bug Excel cells

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I encounter a display bug using Excel (V. 16.41 running on mac OS Catalina V. 10.15.6). This bug appears on several mac from different users and different files. 

A part of the text is clipped and copied on the next line, making the text difficult to read (see printscreen). 

The bug don't appear when opening the file on windows. And we don't have the bug with Excel V. 16.40

I join one of the files encountering the problem and a prinscreen of the problem. For exemple, on the on the line 4 of the prinscreen) the word "réaliser" is cut and appeared a second time on the beginig of the 5 line. 

Cans someone help me ? 

7 Replies

@Guillaume_Hauffman 

As I often have to say, I'm not a mac expert  :( (better said I have no idea ... well, very, very little),
but could it be due to the hidden columns?
As far as I could see (under OS Win10, Excel 2016) the left and right columns are hidden.
It's just a guess, if it isn't, please just ignore this post.

Hope I was able to help you and would be happy to know if I could help you.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thank you for your response. 

There is no hidden column into the "IFS GM check list" tab were the problem occur. 

I still try to "reveal" hidden column but it has no effect onto the bug. 

@NikolinoDE 

Setting the line break would be the next thing I would look at. It might be worth a try.
... and that's where my knowledge of mac settings ends.

Placer le texte dans une cellule dans Excel pour Mac
https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/office/placer-le-texte-dans-une-cellule-dans-excel-pour-mac-b453...

Sorry that I took your time and couldn't give you a quick solution.

Wish you a nice day.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thank you to take time to answer and try to find a solution. 

The line break don't help unfortunately. It's the first option I try. 

@NikolinoDE 

@Guillaume_Hauffman On a Mac myself. Had the same configuration you described yesterday during the day and could observe your problem. Since then, I've updated Catalina to 10.15.7 and this morning I got the weekly (insider fast track) update for Excel, and the problem does not re-appear. Can't tell if it was connected to the Mac update or the Excel update.

Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 09.18.10.png

Thank you @Riny_van_Eekelen 

The Catalina 10.15.7 didn't help but the Excel insider fast has solved the problem. 

I will inform my collegue that the problem should be corrected into the next Excel update. 

@Guillaume_Hauffman Good to see a bug was fixed!