Developer + Macros doesn't produce a list of macros

Copper Contributor

From the ribbon: Selecting Developer and then Macros doesn't produce a droplist of the macros in the file.

9 Replies

@Dick Harkins 

Clicking Developer > Macros shouldn't produce a dropdown list but open the Macro dialog:

S0200.png

@Hans Vogelaar 

Hans:

Appreciate the response.

The issue is clicking on Macros opens the dialogue box but there is no list of the macros . there are over 200 associated with the file.

@Dick Harkins 

Have you selected the correct workbook or 'All Open Workbooks' from the 'Macros in' dropdown?

Yes .. along with the List of macros being absent, the Ctrl + "letter" function doesn't work. I have numerous macros that are tied to a letter and that is also not working. Earlier versions of this file do not have either of these issues. I have had this problem before and have had to use an earlier version and rebuild it to incorporate the newer features contained in the problem version.
Yes .. along with the List of macros being absent, the Ctrl + "letter" function doesn't work. I have numerous macros that are tied to a letter and that is also not working. Earlier versions of this file do not have either of these issues. I have had this problem before and have had to use an earlier version and rebuild it to incorporate the newer features contained in the problem version.

@Dick Harkins 

Are you absolutely sure that the macros are stored in that workbook?

Can you see them in the Visual Basic Editor?

@Dick Harkins 

Thanks for your PM. If you can see the macros in the Visual Basic Editor but not in the Alt+F8 Macro dialog, I don't know what causes it. I'd have to see a copy of the workbook to investigate it.

The VBA Code cleaner found the issue and fixed the file. While that is great, I don't know what it found or what it did to fix the problem. But here is a way to go about resolving this issue:
1. Go back to the previous version of the file that did not have the issue.
2. Compare work done in VBA in the current version (the one with the issue) to the earlier version.
3. The issue most likely is in a routine written in a Form's code.
4. VBA has a way of not compiling code with clearly unacceptable code and letting some minor issues slide, only to later complain and default on the same issue.
5. Comment out new work until the Macro Library is displayed in the ribbon as it should be when Developer is clicked and View Macro is clicked (or Alt + F8).
6. Anyone that has this issue is welcome to contact me and I'll explain first hand.

@Dick Harkins 

Thanks for the feedback!