Default Date Input Format.... Shared files

Copper Contributor

I know this question comes up all the time... but I have a new spin.  Changing the computer region settings and the account region settings are not fixing this problem.  We are using a shared Excel file and it isn't working for anybody else (we are an international group)... I've tried changing their settings on their computer or tablet, and tried changing the settings in their account.... nothing.  I built the file on a computer with mm/dd/yy regional settings, but with an account with dd/mm/yy settings.   No matter what I change, or where I change it, the default input date for everybody using the file is mm/dd/yy…. There must be some setting in the file somewhere that is effecting this. Please advise

5 Replies

@bnunya , how do you share your files? - file share on the server in within your corporate network, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc

@Sergei Baklan 

The file is saved in SharePoint, some users are accessing the file by shared link, and others are accessing through Microsoft Teams

@bnunya 

So, we speak about Excel Online, not about desktop client, correct? It shall take SharePoint site locale settings.

@Sergei Baklan 

well, both desktop and Excel Online. But, great thinking.... I also thought to change the region in the azure portal, too..... Not seeing any change yet, but maybe it'll take awhile to kick in.... I'll let you know the results asap ;)

@Sergei Baklan 

After 10 days now, and no change...  I'm starting to think that this is impossible to change... I should say that I've tried changing the date input format on many documents over several years, using every piece of advice that I can find, and I have not once ever succeeded in this.