SOLVED

Dates display as value

Copper Contributor

Hello, I need to correct my formula.  This is the formula I am typing and what is displaying are the values of the date.  I have tried Date and DateValue and cannot get this to correct.  I realize this is a simple fix. 

="Loan Estimate is Dated "&E32&" - URLA is Dated "&E33&" - Appraisal is dated "&E34&" - Using an earlier date than Appraisal to move forward with FFLR."

DISPLAY

Loan Estimate is Dated 40461 - URLA is Dated 44594 - Appraisal is dated 44197 - Using an earlier date than Appraisal to move forward with FFLR.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by SMThomas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SMThomas 

Use the TEXT function. for example:

="Loan Estimate is Dated "&TEXT(E32,"m/d/yy")&" - URLA is Dated "&TEXT(E33,"mmmm d, yyyy")&" - Appraisal is dated "&TEXT(E34,"d-mmm-yyyy")&" - Using an earlier date than Appraisal to move forward with FFLR."

Specify the date format that you prefer (as you can see, I used three different formats, just as illustration)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SMThomas (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SMThomas 

Use the TEXT function. for example:

="Loan Estimate is Dated "&TEXT(E32,"m/d/yy")&" - URLA is Dated "&TEXT(E33,"mmmm d, yyyy")&" - Appraisal is dated "&TEXT(E34,"d-mmm-yyyy")&" - Using an earlier date than Appraisal to move forward with FFLR."

Specify the date format that you prefer (as you can see, I used three different formats, just as illustration)

View solution in original post