SOLVED

Date Formatting

Copper Contributor

Dates shorter than or equal to 12 are right aligned.......rest are left aligned.

When I am trying to change the format, it happens only for right aligned(Dates shorter than or equal to 12). Please have a look at the attached file. Please help me out !!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Jagdeep_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jagdeep_ 

I'd suggest select the column, Data->Text to Columns and on third step of the wizard select Date and MDY

image.png

Result is

image.png

Do that column by column

@Sergei Baklan Thank you Sir ! Thanks a lot......It's working. You made it so simple. Sir, I have one more doubt, Our system time format affects our excel date format ?

and now when I am trying to calculate the difference between the dates it's giving me a number. Why so ? Now all the dates are in same format. It should work ?

@Jagdeep_ , you are welcome.

Not sure I understood next question. If you calculate the difference between two dates (like =B1-A1) excel returns the difference in days (how many days are between), that's a number.

If you'd like to have the difference like "4 years 5 months 21 day"  you may use DATEDIF. It is described with the sample here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/datedif-function-25dba1a4-2812-480b-84dd-8b32a451b35c

@Sergei Baklan

Good Afternoon.

Hope you are doing well Sir !

Please find the attached.

I want all the same data in same row.

Waiting for your reply eagerly.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jagdeep_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jagdeep_ 

I'd suggest select the column, Data->Text to Columns and on third step of the wizard select Date and MDY

image.png

Result is

image.png

Do that column by column

View solution in original post