SOLVED

Date Error in Feb 2020

Brass Contributor

I am using Microsoft Excell on a Mac computer. I have created the attached 4 Week Microsoft Excell Spreadsheet Calendar Template, which includes calendar dates. I use the calendar repetitively as a template. Please note that this year there are 29 days in February. Thus, beginning in cell U16 forward the date is an error. Can you provide a fix, so that going forward I will not have any errors on the template?

Thank You.

Richard

@Richard_James 

14 Replies

@Sergei Baklan

Here it the attachment.

Thanks!

Richard

@Richard_James 

Sorry, but I didn't catch what is an error - dates are calculated correctly.

@Sergei Baklan 

There are 29 days in February 2020 (not 28 Days). The 29th of Feb. should fall on Saturday, and the 1st of Mar. should fall on Sunday. In other words, there is an extra day in February 2020In other words there is an extra day in February 2020.

There are 29 days in February 2020 (not 28 Days). The 29th of Feb. should fall on Saturday, and the 1st of Mar. should fall on Sunday. In other words, there is an extra day in February 2020In other words there is an extra day in February 2020.

@Richard_James 

Let take your template and start it from Sun, 17 Feb

image.png

That gives correct calculation for 29 Feb and 01 Mar

image.png

It would be nice to start week one on Sunday, February 17, 2020. However, the reality is that Sunday we one is actually February 16, 2020. Therefore, I must start Sunday of Week 1 as
February 16, 2020. Furthermore, because there are 29 days in February of 2020 (instead of the usual 28 days) there must be something wrong with the formula. Please advise.

@Richard_James 

Sorry, took wrong date. But that actually changes nothing:

image.png

when

image.png

and

image.png

It would be nice to start week one on Sunday, February 17, 2020. However, the reality is that Sunday we one is actually February 16, 2020. Therefore, I must start Sunday of Week 1 as
February 16, 2020. Furthermore, because there are 29 days in February of 2020 (instead of the usual 28 days) there must be something wrong with the formula. Please advise.

@Richard_James Allow me to contribute to the discussion and, perhaps duplicate what @Sergei Baklan tried to explain. When I download your file I notice that you have 16 Feb 2019 in cell C1. Try 16 Feb 2020 and the problem will be solved, I guess.

Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 16.03.57.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen , thank you, it looks I was not able to articulate that in direct way. 

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it!!!
best response confirmed by Richard_James (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Richard_James , glad to help

@Sergei Baklan 

As you know, I am using Microsoft Excell on a Mac computer. I have created the attached 4 Week Microsoft Excell Spreadsheet Calendar Template, which includes calendar dates. I use the calendar repetitively as a template.

Question One: Once I get everything set up the way I want it, I would like to know how do I protect the format so that cell sizes and boarders cannot be changed but would allow my secretary to input data (names) into the cells?

Question Two: Notice in cells A1 and A16 that they are grammatically incorrect, i.e., “4rd” and “1rd”. What do I need to do to the formulas in A1, A16, A31, and A46 to a sure that It will return the creamer correct grammatical statement, i.e., “1st”, “2nd”, “3rd”, “4th”, regardless where any particular week shows up?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Richard_James (Brass Contributor)
Solution