database of names

Copper Contributor

G'day, extremely novice excel user here. I have a practice client record database here. After I add new names how do I make them appear in the correct alphabetical order instead of just appearing as the last three names added ? As in how can I move them up the list to their correct position alphabetically ?

3 Replies

Hi @Bazza1966,

What you want to do here is select the arrow next to "Surname" and select "Sort A to Z". 

Bennadeau_1-1593095088881.png

I suggest you remove the spreadsheet from your post, lots of confidential data in here.

Ben

@Bennadeau 

In addition to the menu selection for sorting, there's available in the newest versions of Excel a SORT function, which could be used dynamically to sort by last name, by city, by zip code...whatever.

And to underscore what @Bennadeau has said, I'm asking the board moderators to remove your posted sheet, in case you don't get to it first. For future reference, the good practice here is to always remove real names and other confidential information from any sample sheet.

@Bazza1966 As per @mathetes, we removed your attachment as it violates our Code of Conduct to disclose private or personal information in the community. Thanks for understanding.