Data Validation with "All" Option

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet made for each of my technicians, with the data validation list and it's populating correctly except I'd like one more item in the list for "All" technicians, meaning the formula to calculate all of the criteria set within all of the names listed. I'm just not sure how to do that. Any suggestions would be amazing!

Data needed is under the Month Tab.

4 Replies

@sawaccounting I would scrap all the individual sheets and collect all employee information in on schedule. Then use pivot tables to create the summaries you described. No need for all those complicated formulae the just reduce overall performance. See attached.

I don't mind overcomplicating things, as I understand mostly how this works, but the owner and others do not. So making one sheet where they can go from employee to employee easily without filtering would be the most ideal situation. Any suggestions to get the "All" option that I'm searching for?

@sawaccounting Your sheet is terribly slow and overly complicated in my opinion. How difficult can it be to teach an average user to press a filter button in a pivot table that selects one individual or all? It's almost as easy as explaining that they have to chose another sheet. Your choice.

Thank you for your feedback