Data Validation triggering a macro

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

I am trying to have a data validation list trigger a macro to auto-update a table on a different sheet in the workbook, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation online to do this? Does anyone know the best way to go about it?

The idea is that the user will select "Yes" or "No" from the dropdown, and by selecting yes, the macro is triggered to copy the line in which the dropdown list is part of into a new sheet.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

3 Replies

@KSuresh720 

You can create a Worksheet_Change event procedure in the code module of the worksheet with the data validation drop downs.

If you would like help with that, please provide more detailed information. Attaching a sample workbook would be useful.

@Hans Vogelaar 

Hello Hans, thank you for your prompt response. Please see attached a sample workbook. It contains notes of what I am trying to achieve. I look forward to your reply. 

Krishna

@KSuresh720 

Maybe you could use a query to filter the list and remove the columns you don't want in the results? You could use the worksheet_change event handler to refresh the query when you make changes to the "Re-sort" field on the original table (right click on the Dockets_In tab and select view code), or refresh it manually when you need to.

I'm not sure where the "Resort Run" information comes from in the results, so I don't know if that's something that could be added to the query itself (I don't have much experience with queries, but someone else may be able to help with that).