SOLVED

DATA VALIDATION Stopped Working!

Copper Contributor

Hey there! Here I am yet another call for help. This attached excel I have been working on has some data validation, which are necessary, but after some time they just stopped working. (Especially after adding some new functions but they are not related to data validation. I mean they use the columns which are being validated but that shouldn't be a problem.)

Two columns which have data validation are D and E in page TUKT05. Column D looks at column C in page MÜSTAHSİL and column E looks at column B in page MÜSTAHSİL. And they give an error if you enter anything other than the names that are already in those columns in page MÜSTAHSİL. At least they should but they don't. I hope my explanation is clear. 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by mangatic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mangatic  Your data validation is using "Custom" and a formula = [name]

Try "List" and get rid of the "=" so the box only has the [name] range in it.

Don't forget to select the whole range or just select the 'apply to all cells ...'

Thanks, I'll try that but if I remember correctly it was like that before and still didn't work so I changed it to Custom. Let me see.
Huh, now it works but I can swear it was like that before, maybe with an = sign? Still thank you very much!
Wait nope, now it gives error no matter what....

If I put = in front of [name] it doesn't give any error, if I delete = it gives error no matter what I write. Both situations are not ideal.  I'm using Excel 2010 btw.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mangatic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mangatic  Your data validation is using "Custom" and a formula = [name]

Try "List" and get rid of the "=" so the box only has the [name] range in it.

Don't forget to select the whole range or just select the 'apply to all cells ...'

View solution in original post