SOLVED

Data types "window' missing in Data tab Excel MS Office Pro Plus 2021

Iron Contributor

I'm using MS Office Pro Plus 2021 (Ver: 2210 Build: 16.0.15726.20188) 64-Bit on  Win 10. Last night (11/02/22) when I closed out my Excel Stock workbook, it was operating correctly. When I opened the workbook this morning (11/03/22), the 'Stock' fields (columns) had 'Unknown' where the name(s) of the stock(s) was located. I discovered that the small 'Window' where the 'Data Types' on the 'Data Tab' should be, was missing. It was there last night and everything was working correctly. Any ideas or suggestions as to what might have gone wrong and fixes for this problem will be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you.

12 Replies

@dlcartin 

I heard that recently Microsoft removes lambdas and like from 2021, perhaps STOCKHISTORY() as well.  At least 2021 is not mentioned here STOCKHISTORY function - Microsoft Support

Now all of above works on 365 only.

@Hans Vogelaar , could you please confirm?

It appears that you may be correct, but I can't find any reference to it being removed. I'll keep searching. Thank you.

@Sergei Baklan 

STOCKHISTORY is available in my Excel 2021:

S2023.png

My build:

S2024.png

I'll try re-onstalling and see if that changes anything. Thank you.
I just finished re-installing and it did not correct the problem. Guess I'll give MS Support a try. Thanks everyone.
UPDATE:
I just contacted MS Support and was told this: "...the stock function is currently not functional at the moment but there is an underground work going on to have the issue resolved...". Thanks, again, to everyone that helped. Bless you. 

@dlcartin 

Thanks for sharing. Didn't catch for whom it doesn't work now. Anyway, it's not removed from 2021, great to know.

@Hans Vogelaar 

My Office Pro Plus 2021 is acting like it has reverted to an earlier version of Office. The function 'STOCKHISTORY' isn't recognized, along with several other stock data functions. But, when I checke it's version, once again, I get get this :

BTW...Is anyone else having this problem?....Or, is it just me?

best response confirmed by dlcartin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@dlcartin 

We have the same built, but you have the 64-bit version, while I have the 32-bit version. Could that cause the difference?

I guess that is always a possibility, but, personally, I don't see why that would matter. I uninstalled 2021 and subscribed to 365 with the same results. Perhaps it's something wrong on my laptop (that would make more sense since nobody else seems to be having this problem. I've removed everything from my laptop relating to Office (ALL versions) and will re-install 365 to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, then it has to be something on MY end causing this problem)Thank you for your continuing interest. I'll update this reply in a while.
UPDATE:
After completely uninstalling EVERYTHING related to MS Office, again, and re-installing Office 365 and updating it....EVERYTHING IS WORKING!!!!!!! Thanks to all for youe help.

@dlcartin 

Good to hear that it's working.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dlcartin (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@dlcartin 

We have the same built, but you have the 64-bit version, while I have the 32-bit version. Could that cause the difference?

View solution in original post