Data Transfer to a New Sheet

Copper Contributor

Hello.

I have a list with a calculator set up on an excel spreadsheet for my business, but I am currently trying to figure out if it is possible to get a shortened list to transfer to the second sheet with only the values i have entered included. I would like to have an entire list generated on Sheet 2 based on the materials i actually need for a specific job. 

For example on Sheet 1 i have my list of possible materials needed; Wood, Metal, Nails, Screws, etc. and the cost is calculated when i enter a quantity. What i would like to happen is when i enter quantities in the nails and wood category those rows transfer to Sheet 2 but when data is not entered into metal and screws those categories do not appear on Sheet 2.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you in advance

2 Replies

@Alysonfoster 

Yes, it's possible. Especially if you have the newest version of Excel. There's a function called FILTER that could be set up to extract only the items and values that you've identified for a specific job, and list them on a second sheet.

I've attached a simple demonstration.  If this doesn't work for you [you should be able to add to the master list and immediately see the results on the second, filtered list]....if that's not working, it means you don't have the most current Excel. Look into getting it. If you can't there are older ways of doing this, but this is so convenient, you should get it if at all possible.

A small demo Excel file with your project would be of great help for all of us ... especially for you :)