Data rearranging problem

Copper Contributor

While importing data from a dynamic query, refreshing the data shuffles their rows with one another. How can I stop that so that there's only updation of value and nothing else?

Thanks

5 Replies

@oshin7695 A query refresh loads data back to Excel, precisely how you have set it up. If you then manually sort the table in a different way or when you add some columns manually,  the sorting will be reset with the next refresh and extra columns will no longer by in-sync with the rest of the data. What exactly are you trying to do? Can you upload a few screenshots or share a file via Onedrive, Dropbox or similar?

Hello, @Riny_van_Eekelen,

This is cryptocurrency data I want to store via API from two different exchanges (Binance and WazirX in Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 respectively). Then, I made a new worksheet to compare the prices between both. I used a formula to get the values of particular cryptocurrencies from the previous two worksheets. But due to the rearrangement of the rows of cryptos in the first two worksheets, the formula throws errors and wrong values. How can I freeze the rows to the cryptocurrencies so they don't shuffle between themselves?

Thank You

@oshin7695 Thanks for sharing the file. Don't think that will ever work. You just linked every cell in the "Combined" sheet to selected cells in the PQ generated tables.

You'll need a table connecting the two and do the calculations in PQ or perhaps with a pivot table. I started something in the attached file, but don't really understand what you are doing. Perhaps it can get you started. If not, I'm afraid I can't help you any further.

Thank you, @Riny_van_Eekelen. Your suggestions helped me.