Data moving from one sheet to another sheet in same file (Without VBA or Macros)

Brass Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I have a planning file in which I will have names of my customer & the products with some price plan & estimate based on my planning.

So how can I move the rows from month1(sheet1) to month2(sheet2), based on my estimate value if its 0, without using VBA is it possible ?

& I have 2 categories of products, so upon looking at the total money I am getting from the sum in each category, is it possible to get the customer name & price in summary column next to the total, If I click the total of catagory 1 & catagory 2 ?

All this can be done manually, but assuming the no. of customers 100+, it is taking more time to do it manually. 

Attaching the sample excel file. 

9 Replies

For Summary part I have tried with filter formula but its pulling all the data, I want only customer name & price to be displayed in summary @Riny_van_Eekelen : Please have a look

@arunrj What exactly would you want to see in the summary cells on sheet 2? You mention name & price, but what should be the price part. I see two columns with revenue (plan and actual), but no price.

I want to see name & revenue plan in summary & the rows where qty est & rev est are coming zero, i need to add to next month sheet

@arunrj Sorry, I don't follow. Can you fill it in in the schedule you uploaded earlier, so that I can see how you would want to summarise the example data.

@Riny_van_Eekelen : I have mentioned the requirement in the excel file attached. Please have a look.

@arunrj Added a FILTER formula in the summary area on Month 1 (cell A10). Still don't understand the second part of your question. You probably have it very clear in your mind, but I just can't grasp it. Sorry.

And then, physically moving a row (or in fact copying) and inserting it in another sheet in between other rows can't be done with a formula. You'll need VBA for that.

With filter formula all the data in row will be displayed in summary right ?
Can you please attach the file ?

@Riny_van_Eekelen Sorry, forgot the file. doing it now.

Thank you, still need to figure out the 2nd part.