Data label in the graph not showing percentage option. only value coming

Copper Contributor

Team,

Normally when you put a data label onto a graph, it gives you the option to insert values as numbers or percentages. 

In the current graph, which I am developing, the percentage option not showing. 

Enclosed is the screenshot.

Can anyone help me to bring the percentage option as well in this graph data label?

Thanks & Regards,

Dipil

9 Replies

@Dipil 

IMHO, you may apply another format to data labels, includes per cents, but not to force percentage calculation within labels.

@Sergei Baklan thanks. Generally both options coming for the data label. Value & percentage. Any way I can bring back the Percentage option? Any setting changes required? 

See the example of a similar graph enclosed, in which I am getting both options of value and percentage. 

How to bring the percentage value is my concern. Please suggest. Thanks. 

@Dipil 

That's for Pie Chart. Each chart type could have their own settings which are not available in other charts since they are not applicable to them. 

@Sergei Baklan Thanks. I think you are right? Is there any way, I can bring the percentage to my graph? Through any other formula or so, without creating another 3 columns and plotting graph separately and attaching to this graph. Please share your views. 

@Dipil 

You need helper columns but you don't need another chart. Add columns with percentage and use "Values from cells" option to add it as data labels

image.png

@Sergei Baklan Thanks. It's a tedious process if I have to add helper columns. I have more than 100 such graphs in one excel. Thanks for your support. Keep well and stay safe. Cheers!

@Dipil 

Thank you. Copy/paste helper columns and is not a big issue, copy/paste charts with applying new ranges more complex, but I don't know how to do that apply automatically new data labels from ranges. Maybe some VBA code pattern exists, don't know, never seen such.

Good luck!

@Sergei Baklan Thanks. The best would be to bring back the percentage option along with the value in the data table. I am not sure if there is a possibility for this. Let's see if anyone else from the larger community has a say on this. Keep well. 

@Dipil I agree, not sure why percentage isn't an option for other chart types like stacked bar charts, etc.