Data grab from Debrief sheet

Copper Contributor

Hey Guys,

I'm on a Microsoft pc running the current Microsoft Office.

I'm a basic user on Excel, but quite good, I think.

My issue may sound complex, but that will be because I am not aware of the correct formula, or even how to use it.

We have several vehicles delivering goods, I have a simple sheet with various simple formulas for MPG and Total miles. What I'd like is to be able to see a 'running total' of each vehicle on a different tab.

E,G.

I enter AB12CDE as a vehicle and it's miles in/out and fuel, get an MPG on the first sheet, but I want to be able to use a formula to search sheet 1 for the vehicle, and then get the required info (miles, MPG & so on) o to a new sheet, but grouped by vehicle and info.

Does that make sense?

Sheet one input data, Sheet 2 extrapolate that data and display in simple form as a running total.

Much head scratching, any hints, tips, or help will be appreciated.

Steve Buddell

3 Replies
Hi,

We will need an example sheet for this one
do you have a screenshot of your sheet1?

@S_Buddell 

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying, i have a day's leave(for my second Covid Jab) and then it was the weekend.

Thanks 

S_Buddell_0-1624263487003.png

S_Buddell_1-1624263487015.png

input various data in the cells above (first sheet), some with basic formulas (divide or subtract).

Then display a ‘running total’ on the data tab (second sheet). In the required vehicle ID cells.

My aim is to have the data sheet display fuel, AdBlu, MPG, and cost, then I add the required info on the Planner sheet, but have it displayed in the correct cells on the Data sheet.

I have attached the file.

Thanks in advance.

Steve