Data Entry Tool

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am an Excel novice, but I need to complete this little tool ASAP, I’ve done some research but realized very quickly I was either getting wrong or half answers.  I’m hoping that the folks here can read the description of what I want and lay out what I will need to complete it, if I can just get the name of the avenues I should pursue it would help me greatly.  I’m not afraid to put the work in to learn, I would just like to limit the scope to just what I need to finish this project if I can.  I am willing to branch out into any area required to finish this tool, just lay out what you think the best path would be, I will take it from there.  Thank you in advance for any help given, it is much appreciated.     

I have a large amount of data that needs to be entered manually, the tool I need seems simple, but I barely have a rudimentary understanding of Excel so not even knowing terms has made it difficult to figure out on my own.  I need 5 entry boxes (maybe more maybe less) with this functionality.  The user will select the box, once a character is entered into the field an autocomplete feature will go into effect, as the user adds characters the entry box should narrow the autocomplete finding all appropriate previous entries. 

Example:

E_                         Ex_                       Exa_

Empathy              Example               Example

Episode                Examine               Examine

Example               Extra

Examine

Extra

Once each entry box is complete to the user’s satisfaction, they hit a SUBMIT button which creates a database record.   I also need to be able to sort the database individually by each column.  

Well, that’s what I need, now that I’ve written it out it seems oh so simple, but I have been stumped at every turn trying to get exactly what I need.  Please, no matter how complicated the answer feel free to let it fly.  I will abandon Excel if it’s the only way to complete this task.  Again, thank you to anyone who took the time to read or respond to this question. 

*** For the time being this tool will stay in Excel but eventually I would like to use it in a web format so the ability to be converted to this application would be excellent.

3 Replies
Hello! I guess you first should go to the essentials of excel, as i can recommend to you the YouTube channel of „ExcelIsFun“. And it sounds that your excel file has a VBA Form and usually vba code behind. This vba code is not working in an online excel file. I deeply regret. So enjoy learning excel. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: Greets, Eva
Thank You all, I found what I was looking for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6GJZs0NLqY
Great!!:thumbs_up: leave a Like! Greets, Eva