Data entry options for a table

Copper Contributor

First, Happy New Year!   Hoping to get some process ideas from the community. 

Let's say I have a table of data for a sales division with sales people as rows and accounts as columns. The cells show sales totals for the past year. 

I want to circulate these tables to managers and seek their input on how sales people are performing against accounts. Ideally I'd like for them to be able to click on a cell and provide feedback on several criteria (e.g. above plan/meets plan/below plan, Prospect name, need introduction? (Y/N), etc.) and for this feedback to be captured in a convenient way to summarise & analyse. 

What is the best approach to set something like this up? Ideas appreciated...

3 Replies

@ahhk2000 

Here is a link with various ready-made Excel templates, maybe one of them could suit your project.

Sales report templates

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thanks for the link, but I'm not looking for sales reporting templates. Only mentioned a sales team as an example...more about how to generate an input form against a table.

@ahhk2000 

Collaborate on Excel workbooks at the same time with co-authoring?

You and your colleagues can open and work on the same Excel workbook. This is called co-authoring. When you co-author, you can see each other's changes quickly—in a matter of seconds. And with certain versions of Excel, you'll see other people's selections in different colors. If you're using a version of Excel that supports co-authoring, you can select Share in the upper-right corner, type email addresses, and then choose a cloud location. But if you need more details, like which versions are supported and where the file can be stored, this article will walk you through the process.

You will find a video insite the link.

Share and collaborate with Excel for the web?

Share your workbook with others, so you can work together on the file at the same time. For more info, see Collaborate on Excel workbooks at the same time with co-authoring.

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)