SOLVED

Data Consolidation Help

Copper Contributor

Hello. I am looking for help on how to consolidate data from multiple rows. My list includes members certifications, but are listed by certification and then by member. I am looking for a way to consolidate the info per member and if there is a way to auto do this rather than cut and paste. Thank you in advance.

6 Replies

@SuzyQVT Not sure how the file you uploaded relates to your question. The file contains a list of persons with their certifications. How would you want to "consolidate" this data?

@Riny_van_Eekelen I attached as example for I can't post the real file I am working on. I want to consolidate the rows to show for each member their certifications, rather than listing as each certification. Does that make sense? The list I have right now is over 200 rows so this one is simple that I posted, but trying to be more efficient and know Excel has a feature to help me or would think they do. :)

@SuzyQVT Understand the confidentiality issue, but how would you want the output to look like?

hey thanks, i have attached a revised file showing below the initial date what i am trying to do. :) thanks for your help
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@SuzyQVT That helps!!

I'm a big fan of PowerQuery and it took less time to come up with a working solution that what it takes to write this response. See attached in the green table. Something you would want to consider learning?

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 17.11.56.png

hey thanks, i didn't even think about that. thanks so much. I will look up some info online and do some training on it. really appreciate the help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

@SuzyQVT That helps!!

I'm a big fan of PowerQuery and it took less time to come up with a working solution that what it takes to write this response. See attached in the green table. Something you would want to consider learning?

Screenshot 2021-09-09 at 17.11.56.png

View solution in original post