Data Analysis

Copper Contributor

Good morning all. 

I have a pre made table that contains cells to input data (There are other cells that stay the same every time, from a completely different data source) from a large data excel that is pulled daily. I am trying to find a way to automate this (As there are 70+ individual cells I need to fill in each time). The raw data has over 28,000 rows, each row containing different data. I already have a Pivot table to filter and show only what I need. I guess what I am asking is what can I do, or use, to use the raw data (Or pivot tables, or both) to automatically fill in this other table. I have trying PowerQuery, but couldn't find a way to put certain data into the already established tables. I am really sorry if this doesn't make sense, I have tried explaining it to the best of my ability. I am not very experienced with excel/power query/pivots, so I am sure some of what I said doesn't make sense. 

2 Replies

@Stinky111 

it's a bit difficult to give a good advise as I do not know the structure of your data and I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. So I can just give a general hint:

Load the already established table in Power Query (let's call it Query1), load it as connection only

Load the new raw data also in Power Query, than filter and transform it, so it will fit the structure of the established table (let's call it Query2), load it as connection only

Append Query2 to Query1 in Power Query (Home | Append Queries), load it to a worksheet

I think that is exactly what I was looking for! I will mess around with it as I have time today and see if I can get that to work. Thank you!