Data analysis tool pack

Copper Contributor

I have tried to add analysis tool pack to my excel sheet i followed the steps but still nothing is shown under data bar and i tried to close it are reopen it again and do the same thing but still it did not show.

1 Reply

@nada2490 

Looks like no one got back to you. I am in the same boat and not a single web site on the internet shows what to do if followed the status-quo steps and still we don't see the DATA ANALYSIS button. In fact I have tried a couple of ways to an unsuccessful end. MAybe this will help you, while I wait for the the experts here for my problem? :) 

---------------------

I need some help in adding an Excel add-in called DATA ANALYSIS Tool pack.

I have Microsoft Office Professional 2016.

I performed the following steps in an attempt to load the DATA ANALYSIS pack.

1. Go to FILE --> OPTIONS
2. On the ADD-INS, I select EXCEL ADD-INS, click GO
3. I selected ANALYSIS TOOLPAK. (In the second trial, I also added ANALYSIS TOOKPAK - VBA but no change)
4. Click OK.
5. Excel 'acts' like it acknowledged my addition of the toolpak.
6. I restart Excel, and go to DATA tab. And I Still don't see the DATA ANALYSIS ribbon there or the DATA ANALYSIS button.

I performed the above steps so many times but to an unsuccessful end.

Then tried the following.

1. FILE --> OPTIONS --> TRUST CENTER
2. Click on TRUST CENTER SETTINGS
3. Click on TRUSTED ADD-IN CATALOGS
4. In the CATALOG URL, I entered the complete path to where the file "ANALYS32.XLL" exists.
5. Click OK

Repeat the process of closing Excel and reopening and I still cant see the DATA ANALYSIS button. One thing I should say here is that, my admin has blocked access to this Trust Center. So, although I feel that I added it, and I click OK, I go back and the URL is not there.

Really, the first set of steps are what I found out on most web sites to be working. But in my case, frustratingly, not working at all.

Any ideas? I would really appreicate if you give me your thoughts on this. I am avoiding contacting my admin which is a long and painful process.