Customising the standard Excel (Data) Form

Copper Contributor

I asked MS Support for an email address to ask MS direct, but they would only refer me to this community!

During my working life I became quite proficient in the business use of Excel - I am now doing some voluntary work for a local end-of-life charity and need to create a data entry form - the standard Excel (Data) Form gives me most of what I want in terms of functionality, but I do need to do some customisation which I know is not possible.

I know I could build a VBA UserForm (but I’m a novice as far as VBA is concerned) - but I was wondering whether MS would share the code (which I assume is VBA?) behind each of the textboxes, command buttons, etc on the standard form that I could adapt?

For example (but not exhaustive) ...

- I don't want to display all columns in my table (some are calculated and some are "hidden" as far as regular users are concerned)

- I want to pre-populate some of the fields when Add is chosen

- I don't want regular users having a Delete Command Button

- etc, etc

If it's not possible to have the code that MS have used, can anyone help me by pointing to somewhere where I can find at least most of what I need to give me a starter?

Many thanks in advance ...

3 Replies
I hope you will find what you are looking for because I was looking for the same thing before and couldn't find it.

I'm not sure having the code at hand would solve your issue if you don't have any experience with VBA. If I was you I would sign up for a udemy training, this Is how I learned how to do it: https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?src=ukw&q=user%20form

@PascalKTeam 

In the absence of even an acknowledgement from MS, I have built a UserForm that does everything (and more) that the standard Excel form ...

Fantastic to hear that it worked out!