Custom Error Bars will not show on my on my bar graph

Copper Contributor

I have created a stacked and grouped bar chart using a method found online. I am not trying to add the custom standard deviation, initially they will show up but then immediately disappear. Nothing I try works. I have attached my file below.

https://pitt-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/pat54_pitt_edu/EXs_-nAFAJZNtJZWdjnaXZQBExI-jRD79qGnyvd... 

12 Replies
Hi
I opened your workbook in Excel on line and Excel for Mac desktop. Your error bars display on both platforms for me.

Are you viewing the workbook in Excel on line or Excel desktop? If you're using Excel desktop, please tell us what version you use. To display the version, use the Menu Bar and choose Excel > About Excel. The current update is 16.63

@JimGMac I am using Excel on Mac version 16.37. I have also tried it on the most updated version on Windows and when I open it online it only shows the error bars to the 7th bin, then does not display the rest.

vol_distribution.png

here is the image I get on all platforms

Just updated and no changes, same problem as before
Do you have multiple monitors?
No I'm running this on my laptop. I have ran it in browser and on a Windows 10 Desktop as well.

@PatrickTat 

Hi again,

If you look closely at the screen shot you provided, you will see that error bars are being displayed. Here's your screen shot enlarged. The error bars are small, but they are there:

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 1.40.19 PM.png

You can make the more visible. Click on an error bar to select all the error bars for that series, then right-click on the error bar and choose Format Error Bars.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 1.41.27 PM.png

Then, increase the line width.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 1.50.02 PM.png

@JimGMac 

Hi again,

I experimented a bit more and discovered the error bars look a whole lot bigger if you choose the round option for Begin Arrow Type and End Arrow Type of the error bars.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 12.23.11 PM.png

@JimGMac Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 1.06.06 PM.png

Thanks for your help, however I know about those error bars. I am talking about the error bars that disappear after bin 70-80. In your pictures I see  you have those show up, however they are not the custom values I need to show. Whenever I select custom error bars and select my data in V2:V25 and W2:W25 the bars disappear.

@PatrickTat 

I'm not seeing error bars disappear when I select those ranges. What I do see is that when I select a series, not every error bar displays the selection "handles" even though they are actually selected.