Creating interactive workbook

Copper Contributor

Happy new year everyone!

So I'm new on participating on this "Discussions" and I'm looking for help or guidance (in case this issue was put before)

I'd like to thank you in advance for any help.

I have a shared workbook wich is used by at least 2 people permanently and is needed to be consulted and sometimes has to be edited in order to add more information, by other people in different computers, in realtime as we work on it.

So far, we are working on it as shared and protected (with read-write password) and here is where the problem starts. Sometimes, to take away some work from those 2 guys told before, the other people, who need to add information to the workbook, open it and as our network sometimes has some issues the work start to show some errors and don't let people save the work progress making us to force close the excel.

What I'm looking for is a way to project the information while I'm working on the workbook and people can consult, without open the same file as me, AND could edit some "tick boxes" where I could see, on my workbook, the task is done.

Do you know any way this could be made?

Is it possible to have 2 (equal) workbooks, connected to each other (via macros maybe???) where in one part I have the cells where I shall introduce information and on the other part I have the cells where I should read the information imported from the other workbook?

I have Office 2019.

It's kinda confusing but can't explain it better :\

Best regards,

LFDiniz

0 Replies