Creating a New Chart - Automatically Placing Chart in a New Sheet

Copper Contributor

Thanks in advance.

Simple steps: When I am creating a chart in Excel, I am selecting recommended charts, and then selecting "Ok".

The program automatically creates the chart in a new sheet within the workbook. There is no option (like back in the day) to allow the user to chose whether the chart goes to a new sheet or stays within the current sheet.

I simply don't want send the chart to go a new sheet. I don't see an option in the Options to stop Excel from automatically doing this. Am I just ignorant and the new version of Excel blessed the world with a feature that no one asked for??

Thanks Again.

2 Replies
just click on the chart then right click select cut and paste it where you want it

@EpicPhail 

If from recommended charts is selected PivotChart type, such chart is always placed into new worksheet together with related PivotTable. To my knowledge there is no way to change such behavior, Excel can't find right place for the PivotTable in current sheet.

If regular chart is selected, it shall be placed in the middle of the current grid working area.

I guess we don't speak about F11 and Alt+F1.