Creating a Master List from Multiple Lists only if Value in Dropdown box is True

Copper Contributor

I have created multiple lists all with a dropdown box on the left-hand side that has three options (✔, ◊, ✖) . The list has 3 columns (the dropdown box, room number then name/info.) How do I create a master list that will auto-populate all three columns from multiple lists, only if the first column of each table = ◊ ? 

3 Replies

@Kyle_Beck 

How do I create a master list that will auto-populate all three columns from multiple lists, only if the first column of each table = ◊ ? 

I don't know that anything special needs to surround the creation of the master list per se. The question in my mind is what is missing from your description? How would you know what to fill in those three columns, which rows to fill with what content? Etc.   Could you possibly give us a far more complete description of the bigger context here?

Quite frankly, I'm also curious why you feel a need to be so "cute" with those drop-down alternatives -- (✔, ◊, ✖) -- why not use "Y" "X" "N"? It seems to me you're potentially introducing unnecessary complication by using graphic symbols.

Hey Mathetes, thank you for your reply. 

I am creating a sales leads list for my team, so each of them has their own leads list spanning over multiple days. In one column are the three options, (✔, ◊, ✖) are also different colors as a visual representation for closed, open and unsuccessful sales. It is "cute" to be visually appealing and easier to see in a large list who might still need our attention. I would like to create a master list of open sales so that I can refer to them and discuss them in a team meeting without having to dig through multiple sheets and days. 

So, each table has three columns. The first column is the options bar. The second column is the name of the sales lead and the third column is relavent information. If the column on the left is open (◊), then I would like all three columns to show on the master list. 

I hope this makes sense, as I can't figure out how to add an image to the discussion thread.

@Kyle_Beck 

It all depends upon the situation.  Do you have an up-to-date version of 365 available?  How many tables are there? Are they in the same workbook?  Could they be summarised as a 3D range?  Do you prefer formulas or Power Query?

= LET(
    appended, VSTACK(Table1, Table2),
    status,   TAKE(appended,,1),
    FILTER(appended, status="◊")
  )

This is a 365 dynamic array formula for 2 tables.