Create new worksheets from a template worksheet based on a list from another worksheeet

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am looking to create new worksheets, which will be a copy of a template worksheet within the workbook, based on the entries in a list on another worksheet (within the same workbook).

Essentially I have a list C7:C14 of job names in worksheet "Capture" The list may contain one name or it may contain 8 or any number in between and the names may contain spaces. I then want to create a copy of a worksheet "Production" based off this list, but only copy the template the same number of times that there are entries in the list.

The newly created worksheets can be called "Production1" through to "Production8" depending on how many are required, and I would like to then to copy the corresponding job name from the list into its Production# worksheet. i.e. The name from Capture!C7 into Production1!C2, Capture!C8 into Production2!C2. 

Lastly, I need to Sum the values in cell I29 on all of the Production# worksheets into a cell (F23) of a Summary worksheet.

I understand that this likely requires a VBA macro, but my excel/VBA knowledge doesn't extend far enough for me to work this one out so any help will be greatly appreciated. 

I have attached a stripped down sample of the workbook I am using to assist in any replies.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Replies