SOLVED

Create formula for number of absences on day or night shifts by days of week

Copper Contributor

Trying to develop a formula for a sheet where the data represents month at a time sick leave occurrences by day shift or night shift by day of week. Data is extracted from HR system showing date for each month, shifts (D1/D2/N1/N2) and number of SL absences. Can an array be setup to automatically sum/calculate the total SL absences for each shift type by day of week, i.e. # absences for a D1 shift on Sundays, # absences for a D2 shift on a Sunday, # absences for a N1 shift on a Sunday, etc.

6 Replies

@BigAl-MFS 

That could be like

=SUMPRODUCT(($C$4:$AR$27=G$32)*($C$3:$AR$3="Su"))

@Sergei Baklan 

Hi Sergei,

Thank-you, that gives the number of occurrences of Shifts for Day of Week but atm does not add (SUM) the actual occurrences of sick leave absences (rows labelled # SL), which are on the next row under each of the SHIFT rows within the table. Any further help would be appreciated.

@Sergei Baklan 

Is there a way of SUM'ing the row below the applicable cell using some sort of 'row+1' for those cells found which meet the criteria?

best response confirmed by BigAl-MFS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BigAl-MFS 

Oops, I missed that.

Formula could be

=SUMPRODUCT(IF(NOT(ISNUMBER($C$6:$AR$27)),,$C$6:$AR$27)*($C$5:$AR$26=G$32)*($C$3:$AR$3="Su"))

if you are on Excel without supporting Dynamic Arrays, use it as array formula, i.e. with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BigAl-MFS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@BigAl-MFS 

Oops, I missed that.

Formula could be

=SUMPRODUCT(IF(NOT(ISNUMBER($C$6:$AR$27)),,$C$6:$AR$27)*($C$5:$AR$26=G$32)*($C$3:$AR$3="Su"))

if you are on Excel without supporting Dynamic Arrays, use it as array formula, i.e. with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

View solution in original post