SOLVED

Create a unique list of names based on multiple criteria

Copper Contributor

Hi there! I currently have a master list that has names, organizations and whether or not they attended a workshop.  I need to create a list for each agency that lists the name of the individuals, but only when they have attended a workshop.  I tried to create the list using the formula based off this page: https://exceljet.net/formula/unique-values-with-multiple-criteria  but I keep getting a #calc error message.  The formula works if I only list one criteria though.  Thoughts? Would an if formula work better?

5 Replies

@Sarah Smith 

=UNIQUE(FILTER(data,(range1="b")*(range2>5),"no match found"))

@Sarah Smith 

Could you attach a small sample workbook (without sensitive information)?

@Hans Vogelaar I just updated the post with a sample excel file so you can see what type of a document I was working with and how I set up the formula as well.
best response confirmed by Sarah Smith (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sarah Smith 

Thank you! The values in columns C and D are numbers, not text values, so you shouldn't use quotes around values such as 1. The formula in M4 should be

=UNIQUE(FILTER($A$2:$A$5,($B$2:$B$5=M3)*($C$2:$C$5=1)))

This can be filled to the right to N4. Note that I made the references to A2:A5, B2:B5 and C2:C5 absolute so that they don't change when you fill to the right.

Thank you soooo much! This was exactly what I needed.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sarah Smith (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Sarah Smith 

Thank you! The values in columns C and D are numbers, not text values, so you shouldn't use quotes around values such as 1. The formula in M4 should be

=UNIQUE(FILTER($A$2:$A$5,($B$2:$B$5=M3)*($C$2:$C$5=1)))

This can be filled to the right to N4. Note that I made the references to A2:A5, B2:B5 and C2:C5 absolute so that they don't change when you fill to the right.

View solution in original post