SOLVED

Create a Table using lines as separators and not columns

Deleted
Not applicable

Pretty simple question but I didn't find any answer to this:

My goal is Simply to create a Table in Excel like anyone would do using the "create table" option, but instead of having "Column1", "Column2"... as fields for the table, I want to have "Line1", "Line2"...
I already tried copy-pasting a table with the transpose option but Excel does not consider the result to be a table anymore. I work under Excel 365.
Edit: To clarify, the goal is not to name the headers! I want to have a Table using ROWS as separators instead of COLUMNS.
e.g:
Header1 | Value 1 | Value2...
Header2 | Value 1 | Value2...
Header3 | Value 1 | Value2...

5 Replies

@Deleted 

You may enter Line1, drag it to the right till LineN and Ctrl+T on selection with check first row as header

I clarified the question because I think there was a misunderstanding

@Deleted 

Sorry, I didn't catch. You have some range and would like to use values from first column as column names, or you'd like to rotate entire range to the right on 90, or what. Perhaps you may give small sample how it shall be transferred.

I'll try to be as precise as possible. The goal is to have a Table in Excel, for which the headers and corresponding values would not be in the same column, but the same row.
This means that all the headers would not be in the same row but in the same column.
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

What you want is not considered a table.

A table has headers in the first row, data in subsequent rows, no empty rows.

A lot of functions require this structure (SUMIF(), Advanced Filter, DBMIN(), ...)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Deleted 

What you want is not considered a table.

A table has headers in the first row, data in subsequent rows, no empty rows.

A lot of functions require this structure (SUMIF(), Advanced Filter, DBMIN(), ...)

View solution in original post