Create a Records Section

Copper Contributor

Hello, I have a simple workbook for a sports pick league. its has 17 different sheets, each one is a schedule of each time playing as well as which team won or lost. I am trying to create a records sheet where it will automatically calculate the wins and losses for each of the teams within the workbook. Any ideas? Thanks, Max

3 Replies

Hi @Maxamus070,

Can you calculate the win/lost for each team in their respective sheet and the reference the cells that contains those numbers in your report sheet?

=Sheet2!A4

In the above example, Sheet2 is on of your teams sheet just use whatever sheet name you currently have. And A4 is the cell where your Wins would be located. You can change that to whatever the cell will be.

@Bennadeau So are you suggesting keeping track of the records manually as each week/sheet passes and mirroring whichever cell on the records sheet? That would work, but not really what I'm looking for, if that is what you're saying. I would like to create a search through the workbook, each sheet, for individual teams and tally weather they have a "win" in the next cell or a "lost", or some other defining characteristic.

@Maxamus070 

Can you share your workbook here? I definitely understand that you want to automate things but need to see what you're working with to see where automation will be possible.