create a form for inventory control

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, i am very new to Excel or VBA. Recently i am planning on a start up which i need an inventory control. I would need inserts few things into the forms and get it sort and track on real time.

1. create code and names based on image uploaded

2. stock in / out based on code / name or image

3. current stock status for each item

please enlighten me or share your thought. 

1 Reply

@Zhen_Kits 

First off, welcome to the Excel Community. Since you mentioned you are new to Excel, an important process in designing a workflow and translating it to Excel is understanding what relational database is. Understanding how Unique IDs are created and referenced between tables/sheets/workbooks will help you better structure your data.

Following up on your questions, excel isn't the best software for storing "images", while creating a code or name structure is something that is premeditated and calculated in your spreadsheet based on your own set of parameters. Also, "stock in / out based on code / name or image" should be rephrased to a single unit of reference (always being the name/number).

If you have a current workbook with no confidential data that you can send over, that will provide better pointers for others to help you.